Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Year's Eve Sociality

TODAY:
There is something about conversation that eludes me.  It's not psychological either.  There is something distinct with my brain that makes conversation difficult.  I will elaborate later.  At any rate, I had a date with a friend last night.  I don't like being one-on-one with other people for conversational purposes.  It's difficult for me to follow what they are saying quickly enough to respond at the normal rate which people converse in.  I enjoy being with this guy but until this point I've tried to keep our interaction to being with a group of people so I didn't have the conversation issue and discomfort.  But last night I tried it.  I was fun, but I used a lot of anxiety.  I was practically shaking.  But I didn't want to just sit there and say nothing and I probably would have if I hadn't been anxious because I was feeling rather dead in the brain before I wend to dinner with him.  After dinner we had planned to watch a movie but I was too frazzled and uncomfortable to.  I just wanted to have a calm mind again.  So I left.  I had to.  When I'm stressed my peace of mind is more valuable than anything to me.  I went home and watched boring tv and concentrated on relaxing my back so I could feel peace again.  It was a tough decision to make in such an anxious, fearful state.  But once I got home and settled down and back to my peace, I knew it was a good decision.

People cannot forget to the things that make them truly happy because if they do, they will be miserable.

No comments:

Post a Comment